Hive, mail # user - io.compression.codecs not found

Re: io.compression.codecs not found
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-23, 13:43
This property needs to be set in core-site.xml. If u r using clouderamanager then ping me I will tell u how to set it there. Out of the box hive works beautifully with gzip and snappy.  And if u r using lzo then needs some plumbing. Depends on what ur usecase is I can provide guidance.

Regards
Sanjay

Sent from my iPhone

On May 23, 2013, at 3:33 AM, "Sachin Sudarshana" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run some queries on compressed tables in Hive 0.10. I wish to know what all compression codecs are available which i can make use of.
> However, when i run set io.compression.codecs in the hive CLI, it throws an error saying the io.compression.codecs is not found.
>
> I'm unable to figure out why its happening. Has it (the hiveconf property) been removed from 0.10?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank you,
> Sachin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE