HBase >> mail # user >> Still not sure who to blame: Hbase, zookeeper, security?

Re: Still not sure who to blame: Hbase, zookeeper, security?
Hi,
Have you taken a look at:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14451554/hbase-org-apache-hadoop-hbase-pleaseholdexception
this may simply be a hosts file issue.  I have seen many issues with
start
up come down to assigning a hostname to the wrong ip. So if you could paste
your hosts file that would be helpful.

If the suggested solution in that thread doesn't work, there are some
questions:

1. What does your setup look like, are you running HBase in standalone mode
or is it distributed?
2. Is the HBase master web UI accessible, the default port is 60010, if the
page is up what do you see?
3. Have you enabled any security settings for zookeeper or is this a stock
installation? (based on the logs you pasted you are able to create
connections and communicate with zookeeper so it might not be security
related)

Also, can you post logs from the master from during start up, preferably
without the zookeeper debug logging.  I've found the zookeeper logs to be
quite chatty.  Logs will make it a lot clearer where the master is getting
hung up.

- Michael