Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page

Re: [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-15, 02:46

On Jun 14, 2011, at 6:45 PM, Eli Collins wrote:
> Are we really going to go after all the web companies that patch in an
> enhancement to their current Hadoop build and tell them to stop saying
> that they are using Hadoop?  You've patched Hadoop many times, should
> your employer not be able to say they use Hadoop?  I'm -1 on a
> proposal that does this.

I think there is a big difference between some company that uses Hadoop with some patches internally and a company that puts out a distribution for others to use, usually for-profit.