Hive >> mail # dev >> Re: [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive

+
Alan Gates 2013-01-16, 16:24
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-01-17, 22:08
+
Alan Gates 2013-01-19, 00:42
Re: [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive
Hi Alan,

Overall this looks good to me. I have a couple small suggestions:

* Replace occurrences of  "Hive's subversion repository" with "Hive's
source code repository".
* In the "Actions" table the sentence "This also covers the creation of new
sub-projects within the project" should be changed to "This also covers the
creation of new sub-projects and sub-modules within the project."

Thanks.

Carl
On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Alan Gates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've created a wiki page for my proposed changes at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Proposed+Changes+to+Hive+Bylaws+for+Submodule+Committers
>
> Text to be removed is struck through.  Text to be added is in italics.
>
> Any recommended changes before we vote?
>
> Alan.
>

> On Jan 17, 2013, at 2:08 PM, Carl Steinbach wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a good plan to me. Since Ashutosh is a member of both the
> Hive
> > and HCatalog PMCs it probably makes more sense for him to call the vote,
> > but I'm willing to do it too.
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Alan Gates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> If you think that's the best path forward that's fine.  I can't call a
> >> vote I don't think, since I'm not part of the Hive PMC.  But I'm happy
> >> draft a resolution for you and then let you call the vote.  Should I do
> >> that?
> >>
> >> Alan.

> >> Otherwise I propose that the Hive PMC vote on this proposal.

> >> to be expressed in terms of one or more of the "actions" listed at the
> end
> >> of the Hive project bylaws:

> >> rights and privileges of a submodule committer, and then separately vote
> >> the HCatalog committers in as Hive submodule committers. Does this make
> >> sense?

+
Alan Gates 2013-01-21, 21:40