Hive >> mail # user >> Thrift Hive client for CDH 4.1 HiveServer2?

Thrift Hive client for CDH 4.1 HiveServer2?
Hi all (and happy New Year!)

Is it possible to build a perl Thrift client for HiveServer2 (from
Cloudera's 4.1.x) ?

I'm following the instructions found here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5289164/perl-thrift-client-to-hive

Downloaded Hive from Cloudera's site, then i'm a bit lost: where do I find
these thrift files that I need to build the perl libs? I have the thrift
compiler working ok, but thats as far as I got.

Any help would be most welcome

Thanks!

D.Morel