Flume, mail # user - Avro Source bind address for shared configuration

Avro Source bind address for shared configuration
Paul Chavez 2012-11-02, 18:18
I'd like to setup a tiered configuration with a number of Avro sources accepting events from application servers which add some headers and then forward onto a single agent that persists to HDFS.

This is the same topology as in the 'Consolidation' example in the User Guide.

I would like to use a single configuration file for all my agents, and specify the agent name in order to select the appropriate configuration. The problem I have is how do I configure the Avro source address (bind property) so that each server can use it's own primary IP address?

The documentation says it's required and all the sample configurations use local host or a single address. Is there a variable or parameter notation I can use for this? Will a '*' work to bind to all available addresses?

thanks,
Paul

+
Brock Noland 2012-11-02, 19:08