Hive >> mail # user >> reg : reteriveing a single column from hive serde table

Re: reg : reteriveing a single column from hive serde table
select * will just hdfs cat your file

when you are using serde, do you have column separator in place? if not can
you do select * from table limit 1

to get normally a single coulmn you should do select column from table
where column=value
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Mohit Chaudhary01 <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi****
>
> I am using serde in hive to store data into hive table from xml file. ****
>
> Whenever I retrieve data using command select * from table it give all
> records  from table.****
>
> ** **
>
> But when I want to extract an individual column it gives error .****
>
> *Please Tell me how can I retrieve a single column from this table.*
>
> * *
>
> *Thanks *
>
> *Mohit chaudhary*

> Infosys e-mail system.