Hadoop, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha

+
Anatoli Fomenko 2013-05-29, 01:40
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-31, 23:04
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-06-01, 00:27
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-06-01, 03:07
+
J. Rottinghuis 2013-06-01, 02:47
+
Sangjin Lee 2013-06-01, 00:06
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-02, 06:56
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-31, 15:28
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-31, 19:04
Thanks for the headstart Arun!

I will be sending a separate email to the *-dev@ lists outlining the plan and
the schedule of the changes, so we won't step on each other feet, like Vinod
expressed earlier.

Cos

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:20AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> On May 30, 2013, at 8:41 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:
>
> > Konstantin, Cos,
> >
> > As we change from 2.0.4.1 to 2.0.5 you'll need to do the following
> > housekeeping as you work the new RC.
> >
> > * rename the svn branch
> > * update the versions in the POMs
> > * update the CHANGES.txt in trunk, branch-2 and the release branch
> > * change the current 2.0.5 version in JIRA to 2.1.0, create a new 2.0.5
> > version, change the fix version of the 2 JIRAs that make the RC
>
> I renamed 2.0.5-beta to 2.1.0-beta and 2.0.4.1-alpha to 2.0.5-alpha versions
> in jira for HADOOP, HDFS, YARN & MAPREDUCE.
>
> Please take care of the rest.
>
> Also, in branch-2, the version should be 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>

> > Thanks.
> >

> > On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Chris Douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> to vote
> >> because
> >>
> >> +1 Sounds great.

> >> Arun?
> >>
> >> Yes, nobody should feel bound by either vote. The bylaw change
> >> clarifies that release plans are for RMs to solicit feedback and gauge
> >> PMC support for an artifact, not pre-approvals for doing work.

> >> Happily.

> >> do not
> >>
> >> They do mislead you, or I've expressed the point imprecisely. We can
> >> take this offline. -C

> >> release per patch?

> >> fixes
> >> fixup

> >> scheme in Hadoop. Why not call this 2.0.5-alpha?

> >> would

> >> while we

> >> hadoop-2.0.4.1-alpha that I would

> >> couple a of issues