Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop and XML

Re: Hadoop and XML
data.length is the length of the byte array.

Text.getLength() most likely returns a different value than getBytes.length.

Hadoop reuses box class objects like Text, so what it's probably doing is
writing over the byte array, lengthening it as necessary, and just updating
a separate length attribute.

Jeff