Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hoop into 0.23 release

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-08-22, 21:16
Re: Hoop into 0.23 release
+1
I believe HDFS-2178 is very close to being committed.  Great work Alejandro!

Nicholas

________________________________
From: Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 2:16 PM
Subject: Hoop into 0.23 release

Hadoop developers,

Arun will be cutting a branch for Hadoop 0.23 as soon the trunk has a
successful build.

I'd like Hoop (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2178) to be part
of 0.23 (Nicholas already looked at the code).

In addition, the Jersey utils in Hoop will be handy for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-2863.

Most if not all of remaining work is not development but Java package
renaming (to be org.apache.hadoop..), Maven integration (sub-modules) and
final packaging.

The current blocker is to deciding on the Maven sub-modules organization,

I'll drive the discussion for HADOOP-7560 and as soon as we have an
agreement there I'll refactor Hoop accordingly.

Does this sound reasonable ?

Thanks.

Alejandro
+