HBase, mail # dev - A general question on maxVersion handling when we have Secondary index tables

A general question on maxVersion handling when we have Secondary index tables
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-08-28, 07:24
Hi All

When we try to build any type of secondary indices for a given table how can
one handle maxVersions in the secondary index tables.

For eg,

I have inserted

 Row1  -  Val1  => t

Row1 - Val2 => t+1

Row1 - Val3. => t+2

Ideally if my max versions is only one then Val3 should be my result If I
query on main table for row1.

Now in my index I will be having all the above 3 entries.  Now how can we
remove the older entries from the index table that does not fit into
maxVersions.

Currently while scanning and the code that avoids the max Versions does not
give any hooks to know the entries skipped thro versions.

So any suggestions on this, I am still seeing the code for any other options
but suggestions welcome.

Regards

Ram