HBase, mail # dev - DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96

Re: DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96
Elliott Clark 2013-07-19, 17:52
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If cell tagging goes to 0.96, that would open door to many scenarios.

I don't understand why it has to be in 0.96. The rpc already has the
ability to signal what it can handle.  We have the ability to fallback
(all the way to protobuf kv's if need be).  We already have the
ability to version hfile.  We've already all agreed on what features
would make the train for 0.96.