Hadoop, mail # user - Concurrency control

Re: Concurrency control
Harsh J 2012-07-18, 16:49
Hi,

Do note that there are many users who haven't used Teradata out there
and they may not directly pick up what you meant to say here.

Since you're speaking of Tables, I am going to assume you mean HBase.
If what you're looking for is atomicity, HBase does offer it already.
If you want to order requests differently, depending on a condition,
the HBase coprocessors (new from Apache HBase 0.92 onwards) provide
you an ability to do that too. If your question is indeed specific to
HBase, please ask it in a more clarified form on the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] lists.

If not HBase, do you mean read/write concurrency over HDFS files?
Cause HDFS files do not allow concurrent writers (one active lease per
file), AFAICT.

--
Harsh J