Pig >> mail # dev >> Pig 0.12 3 months after Pig 0.11?

Re: Pig 0.12 3 months after Pig 0.11?
I don't mind driving it if everyone agrees with the time frame.

One thing that I want to clarify is that the new AvroStorage is not
backward compatible[1]. In addition, there are a couple of features that
the new AvroStorage is missing at the moment[2].

So I was thinking that we keep the old AvroStorage in 0.12 and remove it at
a later release. In the meantime, we can port all the missing features and
encourage users to migrate to the new AvroStorage. Since the old and new
AvroStorages don't have the same namespace (i.e. the new one is built-in,
whereas the old one is in piggybank), I don't think that there will be
confusion. But please let me know if you disagree with me.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-3015?focusedCommentId=13493550&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13493550
[2.1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2875
[2.2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2579