Avro, mail # user - Schema evolution and projection

+
Chris Laws 2013-02-28, 13:21
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-28, 17:53
+
Douglas Creager 2013-02-28, 21:01
+
Chris Laws 2013-02-28, 21:13
+
Douglas Creager 2013-02-28, 22:38
+
Chris Laws 2013-03-01, 01:50
+
Martin Kleppmann 2013-03-01, 13:53
+
Chris Laws 2013-03-01, 22:26
+
Douglas Creager 2013-03-01, 23:34
Re: Schema evolution and projection
Chris Laws 2013-03-02, 02:05
Thanks for looking into this. I have raised AVRO-1270 for this issue.

Regards,
Chris
On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Douglas Creager <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> > I get:
> >
> > Reading evolved data with schema resolution, showing new field "c"...
> > Error: Reader field c doesn't appear in writer
> >
> > I was under the impression that I should have received the default value
> > of 42 for field 'c' for each item in the data file.
>
> So this is actually because the C API doesn't support default values
> yet.  :-/  The schema parsing code just ignores the "default" clause
> completely, which is why you're seeing that particular error message.
>
> That said, we do have all of the pieces in place to handle default
> values now; they've just never been hooked together.  Could you open a
> JIRA ticket for this?  I think it's something that we could bang
> together pretty quickly.
>
> cheers
> –doug

+