Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Metastore Server 0.9 Connection Reset and Connection Timeout errors

+
agateaaa 2013-07-29, 17:43
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-07-29, 18:02
+
agateaaa 2013-07-29, 18:29
+
agateaaa 2013-07-30, 00:22
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-07-30, 07:49
+
agateaaa 2013-07-31, 16:48
+
agateaaa 2013-08-29, 17:57
+
agateaaa 2013-08-29, 18:22
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2013-08-29, 18:53
+
agateaaa 2013-08-29, 21:39
+
agateaaa 2013-08-29, 21:39
Re: Hive Metastore Server 0.9 Connection Reset and Connection Timeout errors
Looking at the hive metastore server logs see errors like these:

2013-07-26 06:34:52,853 ERROR server.TThreadPoolServer
(TThreadPoolServer.java:run(182)) - Error occurred during processing of
message.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.TUGIBasedProcessor.setIpAddress(TUGIBasedProcessor.java:183)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.TUGIBasedProcessor.process(TUGIBasedProcessor.java:79)
        at
org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:176)
at
 at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

approx same time as we see timeout or connection reset errors.

Dont know if this is the cause or the side affect of he connection
timeout/connection reset errors. Does anybody have any pointers or
suggestions ?

Thanks