HBase >> mail # user >> PreSplit the table with Long format

+
Farrokh Shahriari 2013-02-19, 09:52
Re: PreSplit the table with Long format
HBase shell is a jruby shell and so you can invoke any java commands from
it.

For example:
> import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes
> Bytes.toLong(Bytes.toBytes(1000))

Not sure if this works as expected since I don't have a terminal in front
of me but you could try (assuming the SPLITS keyword takes byte array as
input, never used SPLITS from the command line):
create 'testTable', 'cf1' , { SPLITS => [ Bytes.toBytes(1000),
Bytes.toBytes(2000), Bytes.toBytes(3000) ] }

Thanks,
Viral

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Farrokh Shahriari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there
> As I use rowkey in long format,I must presplit table in long format too.But
> when I've run this command,it presplit the table with STRING format :
> create 'testTable','cf1',{SPLITS => [ '1000','2000','3000']}
>
> How can I presplit the table with Long format ?
>
> Farrokh

+
Farrokh Shahriari 2013-02-19, 10:42
+