HBase >> mail # user >> PreSplit the table with Long format

Re: PreSplit the table with Long format
HBase shell is a jruby shell and so you can invoke any java commands from
it.

For example:
> import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes
> Bytes.toLong(Bytes.toBytes(1000))

Not sure if this works as expected since I don't have a terminal in front
of me but you could try (assuming the SPLITS keyword takes byte array as
input, never used SPLITS from the command line):
create 'testTable', 'cf1' , { SPLITS => [ Bytes.toBytes(1000),
Bytes.toBytes(2000), Bytes.toBytes(3000) ] }

Thanks,
Viral