Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc2
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-02-24, 19:36
I checked this RC, based on the same check-list as RC1:

 - Signatures, message digests, the top level full LICENSE.txt,
NOTICE.txt and README.txt for both the source and binary artifacts are
all good. CHANGES.txt for common, hdfs and mapped are correctly
located like before.
 - Able to build the tars out of the source tar ball.

Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured, default mode. All
under 10 minutes :)
  - Started HDFS daemons successfully , created directories.
  - Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and
NodeManager and mapred history server.
  - Ran wordcount, pi, random writer, sort, grep and they all pass.

+1 for the latest RC, it's time we push this out!!

Thanks,
+Vinod