Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSSION] Combine committer lists in Common/HDFS/MapReduce

Re: [DISCUSSION] Combine committer lists in Common/HDFS/MapReduce
+1 on committers getting access to common+hdfs+mr.

Thanks for putting up the comprehensive pros and cons Chris.  It makes
it so I don't have to think.

The only CON that gives me pause is item 3). but my guess is that its
unlikely and that if it should ever happen, as a community, we'd
figure some way around (over/under) the roadblock.

For those who might be strong on HDFS but not on MR (or vice-versa), I
think its OK having 'privileges' though you may not exercise them.  In
being nominated for committer status, a nominee has probably passed
the baseline common sense test that has it that they'll NOT be
applying patches in areas they do not well-understand.

St.Ack