Hive >> mail # user >> HiveHistory and HiveHistoryViewer

+
Qiang Wang 2012-12-16, 10:23
+
afancy 2012-12-16, 10:39
+
Qiang Wang 2012-12-16, 10:51
+
Qiang Wang 2012-12-17, 13:48
Re: HiveHistory and HiveHistoryViewer
Looks like a bug to me. This is the original JIRA that introduced this change:

I don't think back in the day, we really cared about clients being on windows.

In any case, thanks for filing the JIRA, I have uploaded a patch which
I think doesn't break anything for linux clients and fixes things up
for Windows clients. Take a look, feedback welcome. The intent is the
same as your suggestions but the approach is a little more
conservative. If you feel strongly that it should be done according to
one of your suggestions, let me know, I will take another look.

Thanks!
Mark

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 5:48 AM, Qiang Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> anybody has an idea about this ?

> 2012/12/16 Qiang Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>> glad to receive your reply!
>>
>> here is my point:
>> Firstly, I think HiveHistoryViewer is inconsistent with HiveHistory.
>> Secondly, hive server may be deloyed on linux, but client can be anywhere.
>> hql from client will be logged into history file and hql may contails '\r'
>>

>> 2012/12/16 afancy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>
>>> I don\t think it is a bug. If the program in hive writes logs to
>>> HiveHistory.log using '\n' to indicate the end of a line. Then, it is OK to
>>> use val = val.replace('\n', ' ');.  Anyway,
>>> new line depends what on your OS: Hive is typically deployed on Linux.
>>> DOS & Windows: \r\n 0D0A (hex), 13,10 (decimal)
>>>
>>> Unix & Mac OS X: \n, 0A, 10
>>> Macintosh (OS 9): \r, 0D, 13

+
Qiang Wang 2012-12-18, 05:14