Hive >> mail # user >> HiveHistory and HiveHistoryViewer

Re: HiveHistory and HiveHistoryViewer
Looks like a bug to me. This is the original JIRA that introduced this change:

I don't think back in the day, we really cared about clients being on windows.

In any case, thanks for filing the JIRA, I have uploaded a patch which
I think doesn't break anything for linux clients and fixes things up
for Windows clients. Take a look, feedback welcome. The intent is the
same as your suggestions but the approach is a little more
conservative. If you feel strongly that it should be done according to
one of your suggestions, let me know, I will take another look.

Thanks!
Mark