MapReduce, mail # user - Re: hadoop datanode kernel build and HDFS multiplier factor

Re: hadoop datanode kernel build and HDFS multiplier factor
Yanbo Liang 2013-04-03, 07:15
I have done similar experiment for tuning hadoop performance.
Many factors will influence the performance such as hadoop configuration,
JVM, OS.

For Linux kernel related factors, we have found two main focus of attention:
1, Every read operation of file system will trigger one disk write
operation for maintaining last access time. So disable this logging(set
file system noatime attribute enabled) will improve the performance.
2, We also experiment different Linux kernel I/O schedulers to measure
their influence to the hadoop performance. CFQ scheduler will be better
than deadline scheduler.

However, this experiment is closely related with hardware and operating
system environment. Our result is just for your reference.