Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Intermittent error connecting to Accumulo Instance

+
Cornish, Duane C. 2012-09-11, 21:25
+
David Medinets 2012-09-11, 22:25
Re: Intermittent error connecting to Accumulo Instance
Duane,

One ZooKeeper host should be more than enough for 5 servers.

Out of curiosity, did you configure zookeeper to be replicated? In your
zoo.cfg, did you create "server.X" entries for each ZooKeeper and create
the myid file in your ZooKeeper dataDir on each host? It sounds like you
initialized 4 unique ZooKeepers, hit one ZooKeeper on init, and then hit
another ZooKeeper when you went to connect.

See http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.6/zookeeperStarted.html,
specifically "Running Replicated ZooKeeper" if you do want to run more
than one ZooKeeper instance.

On 9/11/2012 5:25 PM, Cornish, Duane C. wrote:
> I stood up a 4 node Accumulo Cloud.  I wrote a Java interface to it and when I attempt to connect to the table through my interface, I'm getting an intermittent error that only pops up maybe 1 out of every 5 runs of the code.  I have zookeeper running on all 4 nodes but in my accumulo config file, I only mentioned the one on the Accumulo name node.  I don't know if that would be a problem or not.  Also, the zookeeper stuff is all owned by root, while hadoop and Accumulo are owned by a different non-root user.  I built this cluster from the ground up (i.e. didn't use Cloudera, etc.), so it's possible that I missed something.
>
> I'm running Accumulo 1.4.1 with hadoop 1.0.3 and zookeeper 3.3.6.
>
> As you can see from the error below, it is saying that I have an INVALID_INSTANCEID.  However my instance (and credentials) are static final Strings and are not changing.  I haven't had any trouble connecting to the instance via the shell.  Also, the monitor webpage works just fine and shows no errors.
>
> Here is the error below:
>
> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.accumulo.core.client.AccumuloSecurityException: Error INVALID_INSTANCEID - Unknown security exception
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ServerClient.execute(ServerClient.java:73)
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ConnectorImpl.<init>(ConnectorImpl.java:75)
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.ZooKeeperInstance.getConnector(ZooKeeperInstance.java:218)
>                  at jhuapl.redd.coremax.shared.accumuloInterface.AccumuloConnector.deleteTable(AccumuloConnector.java:583)
>                  at jhuapl.redd.coremax.shared.accumuloInterface.TestAccumuloInterface.main(TestAccumuloInterface.java:27)
> Caused by: ThriftSecurityException(user:root, code:INVALID_INSTANCEID)
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.thrift.ClientService$authenticateUser_result.read(ClientService.java:7755)
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.thrift.ClientService$Client.recv_authenticateUser(ClientService.java:415)
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.thrift.ClientService$Client.authenticateUser(ClientService.java:387)
>                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.cloudtrace.instrument.thrift.TraceWrap$2.invoke(TraceWrap.java:84)
>                  at $Proxy0.authenticateUser(Unknown Source)
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ConnectorImpl$1.execute(ConnectorImpl.java:78)
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ConnectorImpl$1.execute(ConnectorImpl.java:75)
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ServerClient.executeRaw(ServerClient.java:108)
>                  at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ServerClient.execute(ServerClient.java:71)
>                  ... 4 more
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> [...]
+
Adam Fuchs 2012-09-11, 21:43