HBase >> mail # user >> deploy saleforce phoenix coprocessor to hbase/lib??

Re: deploy saleforce phoenix coprocessor to hbase/lib??
When a table is created with Phoenix, its HBase table is configured
with the Phoenix coprocessors. We do not specify a jar path, so the
Phoenix jar that contains the coprocessor implementation classes must
be on the classpath of the region server.

In addition to coprocessors, Phoenix relies on custom filters which
are also in the Phoenix jar. In theory you could put the jar in HDFS,
use the relatively new HBase feature to load custom filters from HDFS,
and issue alter table calls for existing Phoenix HBase tables to
reconfigure the coprocessors. When new Phoenix tables are created,
though, they wouldn't have this jar path.

FYI, we're looking into modifying our install procedure to do the
above (see https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix/issues/216), if
folks are interested in contributing.

Thanks,
James