Hadoop >> mail # user >> Outputformat with a header attached

Outputformat with a header attached
Hello,
Suppose I'd like to subclass TextOutputFormat(Hadoop 0.20) wherein the
first 12 bytes is an offset. The record writer does its thing
and in the close method I write some information (metadata if you wlll)

Similarl to the close method is there any method in OutputFormat
subclasses where I can write something /before/ any records are written?
Thank you
Saptarshi