Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [git] Documentation and Plan of Action

Re: [git] Documentation and Plan of Action
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The person who implements the workaround in Version1 should ensure that when
> Version1 is merged into Version2, the correct code is present in Version2.

I'm not sure that's a sufficient solution, because this means that the
branch for Version2 may stick around with effectively no change from
its last tag other than history, and you can't simply update the tag
to update the history, can you? Either it sticks around for a very
long time, or it goes away and eventually somebody else is going to
have to resolve that potential merge conflict when fixing the next bug
that comes around (which maybe applies to both).

> Do you think this merits a section on the document or was this a general
> question?

I think it merits inclusion in the same way that the other generic
scenarios I proposed should be included.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii