Zookeeper, mail # user - Zookeeper ensemble backup questions?

Re: Zookeeper ensemble backup questions?
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-07-19, 18:13
I'm a bit late to this one but I don't understand the need for complete backup of ZK data. In my experience, 99% of ZNodes are ephemeral. Therefore, it would be wrong to restore those nodes. In a disaster, the connection sessions would expire and you would not want ephemeral nodes restored. This is why in Exhibitor I took the approach of selective restore.

-Jordan