Drill >> mail # dev >> next steps

+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-11, 07:59
+
Michael Hausenblas 2012-10-11, 09:57
+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-11, 16:47
+
Arun Ramakrishnan 2012-10-11, 18:04
+
Michael Hausenblas 2012-10-11, 18:12
+
arunabh ghosh 2012-10-11, 18:37
+
Timothy Chen 2012-10-11, 18:56
+
Michael Hausenblas 2012-10-14, 14:04
+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-14, 17:19
+
Michael Hausenblas 2012-10-15, 07:11
+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-15, 13:02
+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-15, 13:18
> I plan to do the screen cast against this version, should be available via YouTube by EoB (my time) tomorrow …

Et voila, here we go: http://youtu.be/Co1D6yK3nZs (8min)

BTW, not sure, Ted, should I gather the bug reports and feature requests on my GitHub issue tracker for now, yes? Please advise.

Cheers,
  Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

On 14 Oct 2012, at 15:04, Michael Hausenblas wrote:

>> Michael,
>>
>> You have the web front end ready it sounds like.  Can you provide us a
>> walk-through?
>

> FYI: I've deployed a new version of the front-end at http://srvgal85.deri.ie/apache-drill/
>
> The improvements [1] include handling of data sources, more project handling stuff and rendering of the results. If you click the 'Tutorial' button you get a sort of mini-help how to use it.
>
> I plan to do the screen cast against this version, should be available via YouTube by EoB (my time) tomorrow ...
>
> Cheers,
>   Michael
>
> [1] https://github.com/mhausenblas/apache-drill-frontend/commits/master
>
> --
> Michael Hausenblas
> Ireland, Europe
> http://mhausenblas.info/
>
> On 11 Oct 2012, at 08:59, Ted Dunning wrote:
>
>> I would like to shepherd the web front end, the query parser and some
>> documentation into the project next.
>>
>> Michael,
>>
>> You have the web front end ready it sounds like.  Can you provide us a
>> walk-through?
>>
>> Camuel,
>>
>> You and your team have the parser in some kind of shape.  We still need to
>> discuss and settle on an intermediate language to pass to the query
>> optimizer and source code organization.  Also, how does the syntax below
>> look to you as a target?
>>
>> Julian H,
>>
>> Can you comment on what you would like to see as a logical plan syntax?  My
>> thought was to describe the logical plan as virtual assignments in a style
>> similar to (but very distinct from) LLVM.  The syntax would look something
>> like this:
>>
>>  dest := op arg1, arg2, ... argN
>>
>> op would be one of a small list of operators.  Arg's would be destinations
>> from earlier in the file.  Even arithmetic expressions and built-in
>> functions would be in this form.
>>
>> Would this look OK to you?
>>
>> If so, what list of op's should we target first?

+
Ted Dunning 2012-10-15, 13:03
+
Camuel Gilyadov 2012-10-14, 15:37