Chukwa, mail # dev - Cluster-specific Adaptors

+
Bill Graham 2010-09-20, 21:58
+
Eric Yang 2010-09-20, 22:57
+
Bill Graham 2010-09-21, 00:15
+
Ariel Rabkin 2010-09-21, 00:32
+
Eric Yang 2010-09-21, 01:51
+
Jerome Boulon 2010-09-21, 04:52
+
Bill Graham 2010-09-21, 18:17
Re: Cluster-specific Adaptors
Ariel Rabkin 2010-09-21, 18:54
Why is it bad to keep some state per command session?  It's easy to
know when the state can be discarded -- as soon as we're done reading
the file or when the socket closes.

I think it's fairly intuitive and readable; it's routine for e.g.,
scripts to modify interpreter state.  In straight-line code, which is
all we're ever going to have in the control protocol, this is very
easy to reason about.

--Ari

Ari Rabkin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department