HBase >> mail # user >> datanodes with differenet cpus&mem

+
hua beatls 2013-02-26, 18:02
+
hua beatls 2013-02-26, 18:03
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-26, 18:08
Re: datanodes with differenet cpus&mem
Hi JM,
    should I add more storage to the bigger ones ?

   many thanks!
beatls

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Hua,
>
> You can use servers with different configuration, but the entire
> cluster will tend to run as slow as your slowest server. However, that
> will still help to to spread the load.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/26 hua beatls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > shoudl we use PC servers with same configuration?
> >
> > beatlsd
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:02 AM, hua beatls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> HI,
> >>    i have some existing PC servers, which would be used to form a hadoop
> >> cluster, among which 4 servers have 2cpu(6 cores), 96Gmemory, and
> another 4
> >> have 8cpu(6ocres),256G memory. Big gap.
> >>    can i user these 8 servers to make a hadoop cluster? any suggestion?
> >>

> >>   Thanks!
> >>
> >> beatls

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-26, 18:30