Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.22.0-rc0

+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-11-29, 10:47
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-12-01, 23:35
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-12-02, 02:10
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-12-02, 06:26
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-12-02, 09:15
+
Jakob Homan 2011-12-02, 22:54
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-12-03, 02:48
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-12-04, 00:28
+
Arun Murthy 2011-12-03, 05:39
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-12-04, 00:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-12-05, 18:07
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-12-06, 04:02
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-03, 03:34
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-12-04, 00:40
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-12-04, 01:48
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-05, 16:42
+
Benoy Antony 2011-12-05, 18:01
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-12-06, 17:27
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2011-12-07, 08:24
+
Stack 2011-12-07, 23:47
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.22.0-rc0
+1 This rc looks great!

Installed on production node with pretty much the same config (turned off
topology script and adjusted dfs.name.dir from a path to url).

Ran typical hadoop fs commands (copyFromLocal, copyToLocal, rm, rmr, cp,
du, etc)
Ran some of the examples (teragen, terasort, randomwriter, bbp)
Ran several distcp jobs using an hftp source url top copy various datasets
from clusters with different Hadoop version.
Ran a dozen or so jobs and killed jobs and task-attempts.
Ran hdfs fsck and dfsadmin

On the NN and JT UI I clicked through all the links I could find.

Observations:
When submitting jobs I see:
"WARN conf.Configuration: mapred.used.genericoptionsparser is deprecated.
Instead, use mapreduce.client.genericoptionsparser.used"

When running distcp I see the additional warning:
"WARN conf.Configuration: mapred.job.name is deprecated. Instead, use
mapreduce.job.name"

When no TT can connect to the JT (due to missing topology script), clicking
on the number in the nodes column on jobtracker.jsp shows an exception. I'm
letting a larger distcp finish overnight, will reproduce error and file
bugs for the items above.
+
J. Rottinghuis 2011-12-09, 09:36
+