Hive >> mail # user >> Trying to write a custom HiveOutputFormat

+
Rui Martins 2013-05-13, 12:14
Re: Trying to write a custom HiveOutputFormat
You need to use a combination of output format and serde, this might allow
you to do something like present struct objects to the input format rather
then Text objects.

You may want to take a look at the protobuf input format we use:
https://github.com/edwardcapriolo/hive-protobuf/

You could reverse the logic here and design an output format.
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Rui Martins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm currently writing my on HiveOutputFormat as I would like to write the
> output of hive queries into a specific protobuf format my team is using.
> I have managed to do this however, the Writable object I get from Hive as
> a result of a SELECT query is of type Text. This means that I have to split
> the string to find my fields but that's very error prone, specially if some
> fields are strings that may contain spaces.
>
> My question is:
> 1) How do I get a Hive Writable that gives me each field of each result
> row?
>
> Thank you,
> rui

+