Hive >> mail # user >> Trying to write a custom HiveOutputFormat

Re: Trying to write a custom HiveOutputFormat
You need to use a combination of output format and serde, this might allow
you to do something like present struct objects to the input format rather
then Text objects.

You may want to take a look at the protobuf input format we use:
https://github.com/edwardcapriolo/hive-protobuf/

You could reverse the logic here and design an output format.