HBase >> mail # user >> Extending HBase Metrics Framework

+
Joarder KAMAL 2013-06-06, 07:13
+
Bing Jiang 2013-06-06, 07:42
Re: Extending HBase Metrics Framework
Hi Bing,

Thanks for answering.

1. Probably my question was unclear. I was asking whether it is possible to
generate custom metrics from HBase by modifying the source code.
2. Thanks for letting me know that it is possible to log the metrics in any
kind of file. But I guess it would be still in XML format !! Can I save the
logs in raw text format?? I'll try to do this tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Regards,
Joarder Kamal

On 6 June 2013 17:42, Bing Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1) Metrics infos have been collected from HMaster\RS, and covering rpc,
> jvm, hbase functional module (like compaction\flush\request Count\DataBlock
> read &&write etc).
>
> 2) You can set metrics info handler in conf/hadoop-metrics.properties
> for example, you can set hbase.class > org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext31, it will tell Metrics
> System where the metrics will be sent to. Of course, this is Ganglia.
> if set
> hbase.class=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.metrics.file.TimeStampingFileContext,
> it will write the metrics to file.
>
> # hbase.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
> # hbase.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext31
> # hbase.period=10
> # hbase.servers=10.100.4.151:8650
> #hbase.class=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.metrics.file.TimeStampingFileContext
> #hbase.period=10
> #hbase.fileName=/opt/hbase/logs/metrics_hbase.log
>

> 2013/6/6 Joarder KAMAL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Two Questions:
> >
> > 1. Is it possible to extend HBase metrics/reporting framework to generate
> > custom metrics? I was looking at the api docs
> > http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/
> > 2. Is there any way to write my own client (instead of using Ganglia or
> > else) to retrieve the currently available metrics?
> >
> > HBase version: 0.94.7
> >
> > Any suggestions will be very helpful.
> >
> > Many thanks ...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Joarder Kamal
> >

> --
> Bing Jiang
> Tel:(86)134-2619-1361
> weibo: http://weibo.com/jiangbinglover
> BLOG: http://blog.sina.com.cn/jiangbinglover
> National Research Center for Intelligent Computing Systems
> Institute of Computing technology
> Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Science

+
Jeff Kolesky 2013-06-06, 17:50
+
Joarder KAMAL 2013-06-06, 18:53