Hadoop, mail # general - 回覆: Spinning out Hadoop Eclipse Tools

+
j.c.lin_922@...) 2012-09-18, 02:32
+
Adam Berry 2012-09-17, 19:34
+
Harsh J 2012-09-18, 02:35
+
Eli Collins 2012-09-17, 19:42
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-09-18, 01:47
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-09-18, 01:46
+
Robert Evans 2012-09-17, 20:01
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-09-17, 20:08
+
Marcos Ortiz 2012-09-17, 20:35
Re: Spinning out Hadoop Eclipse Tools
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-17, 19:36
I think this is a great idea! +1!

It would be great to find a home and community willing to take this forward... I'm assuming others would like to see the same.

We could start  a vote to formalize this if necessary.

thanks,
Arun

On Sep 17, 2012, at 12:34 PM, Adam Berry wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm proposing spinning out the eclipse plugin from the main hadoop source into a separate incubating project. I'm willing to commit to this effort.
>
> With a separate project, that isn't tied (source wise) to the Hadoop source we could make dev tools that could support multiple versions of Hadoop from within a single IDE, which would be very helpful when migrating jobs or dealing with clusters running different versions.
>
> The current tools seem to support the 0.20 line, and help with developing MR jobs, and also have some HDFS tools included. So the early work would be to ensure that these features were supported across the version space of Hadoop.
>
> Down the line we could also add support for additional tools such as MRUnit and other products in the Hadoop ecosystem, to eventually yield a one stop project for all dev tools around this space.
>
> If there is agreement on this, how do we go about getting it done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam Berry
+
Jeffrey Zemerick 2012-10-02, 16:13