Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 3
That's because of the missing jersey dependencies in hadoop-core pom
and that you're using the minicluster stuff that will pull in the
webhdfs classes. A work around would be adding jersey-* dependencies
(cf. hadoop ivy.xml) to your pom in test scope.

There is no perfect solution to this problem (as long as we have only
one hadoop-core artifact), as you don't want to add server
dependencies in hadoop core pom, when common downstream usage is just
the client stuff.