Avro >> mail # dev >> AVRO-301 and AVRO-300

+
Marcio Silva 2012-03-09, 12:03
+
Miki Tebeka 2012-03-13, 19:23
+
Marcio O Silva 2012-03-14, 02:53
Re: AVRO-301 and AVRO-300
I can't apply https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12513560/AVRO-301-patch-2.patch
against current trunk (rev 1300455). I'm trying "patch -p0 <
AVRO-301-patch-2.path" and it complains that it's reversed patch.
Tried both with reversed or non reversed and both ended with failure.

However I see some (all?) of the code from the patch in svn, did
someone else committed?

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Marcio O Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The patch that includes both of the changes was attached to AVRO-301 as
> AVRO-301-patch-2.patch.  The third patch was a disentangling of the doc
> changes from the unreserved properties patch (if it gets applied first, I'd
> have to redo the AVRO-300 patch to avoid merge conflicts).
>
> AVRO-301-patch-2 should apply cleanly against the current trunk, and should
> resolve both issues.  Is there a specific failure you saw from your "ant
> test", I just tried applying the current AVRO-301 patch to a clean checkout
> and it succeeded.  I want to make sure there's not a python version issue
> or something I'm missing.
>
> thanks,
> Marcio
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Miki Tebeka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> "ant test" fails for both patches.
>> "patch" fails if I try to apply them both. Can you create a single
>> patch for both of them.
>>
>> I other question, I *do* have commit rights but very green to the
>> development process. Is there a document somewhere that I can refer
>> to?
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 4:03 AM, Marcio Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>> > Could one of the python committers review the patches for these related
>> issues, it'd be nice to get them in for 1.7.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Marcio

+
Doug Cutting 2012-03-14, 18:22