HBase >> mail # dev >> Runtime exceptions during meta scan

+
Shrijeet Paliwal 2011-12-08, 21:13
+
Shrijeet Paliwal 2011-12-14, 18:07
+
Ted Yu 2011-12-14, 18:56
+
Shrijeet Paliwal 2011-12-14, 18:59
+
Ted Yu 2011-12-14, 19:03
+
Shrijeet Paliwal 2011-12-14, 19:28
+
Ted Yu 2011-12-14, 20:10
Re: Runtime exceptions during meta scan
> The following is preventing us from knowing where the NPE came from:>          } catch (RuntimeException e) {>            throw new IOException(e);>          }
Seems to me there is a scope of improving this block. I am trying to
understanding the reasoning behind catching the run time exception. If
we know that regioninfo can be null, may be a we can put a check and
throw a more meaningful error. What do you think?

> I think you may even be able to reproduce the error by scanning .META.
> manually.
Hmm. You mean to say it was not a client problem, instead it was a
server problem? I must add other clients talking to server (ones whom
did not have JVM tunings I mentioned) did fine even during shitty
period seen by affected clients.

+
Ted Yu 2011-12-14, 20:45
+