HBase, mail # dev - The Jenkins VMs are increasingly slow / overloaded

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 15:49
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 16:23
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 17:48
+
Stack 2013-03-19, 19:00
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-19, 23:30
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-20, 06:33
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 08:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-20, 21:39
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-20, 21:44
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 20:50
+
Stack 2013-03-22, 04:38
+
Stack 2013-03-23, 04:51
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-23, 10:11
+
Stack 2013-03-23, 20:24
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-24, 05:56
Re: The Jenkins VMs are increasingly slow / overloaded
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-26, 00:47
I found that Maven was being killed on the slaves by the Linux OOM killer
sometimes for >= 0.95. Seems the m1.large process didn't have enough memory
to host the Jenkins slave, Maven with its 3G+ heap, and the forked JVMs for
the medium and large tests at the same time. Switching to the m1.xlarge
type resolved this. Now the 0.95 and trunk builds fail for what looks like
a legitimate problem with a hanging test.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)