Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop from/to Oracle

Sqoop from/to Oracle
Hi all,

I have a table I've imported from Oracle into HDFS and now I want to export it into an Oracle Db (import and export table schemas are identical).

My initial attempt at exporting from HDFS (using Sqoop) to Oracle failed (data types failures). So, my question is what's the best way for me to accomplish this? My source table is a mixture of NUMBER, VARCHAR, DATE fields. Am I better off importing into a Hive table I define and then exporting into Oracle from there? Or do I just need to do some export formatting in my Sqoop export statement?

Any other intel you'd need to make a recommendation?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Sent from my iPhone