HBase >> mail # user >> sorting by value

Hi

I probably know the usual answer but are there any tricks to do some sort of sort by value in HBase. The only option I know is to somehow embed value in the key part. The value is not a timestamp but a normal number.

I want to find out, say, top 10 from a range of columns. The range could be millions of columns. The range is dynamic for the most part.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Abhishek