HBase >> mail # user >> Expert suggestion needed to create table in Hbase - Banking

+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2012-11-26, 07:04
+
Michael Segel 2012-11-26, 12:27
RE: Expert suggestion needed to create table in Hbase - Banking
When 1 cf need to do split, other 599 cfs will split at the same time. So many fragments will be produced when you use so many column families. Actually, many cfs can be merge to only one cf with specific tags in rowkey. For example, rowkey of customer address can be uid+'AD', and customer profile can be uid+'PR'.

Min
-----Original Message-----
From: Ramasubramanian Narayanan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 3:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Expert suggestion needed to create table in Hbase - Banking

Hi,

  I have a requirement of physicalising the logical model... I have a
client model which has 600+ entities...

  Need suggestion how to go about physicalising it...

  I have few other doubts :
  1) Whether is it good to create a single table for all the 600+ columns?
  2) To have different column families for different groups or can it be
under a single column family? For example, customer address can we have as
a different column family?

  Please help on this..
regards,
Rams
+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2012-11-26, 10:23
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-26, 10:28
+
Doug Meil 2012-11-26, 13:43