HBase >> mail # dev >> Re: Hbase on 64-bit Windows 7: "hostname not provided"

Re: Hbase on 64-bit Windows 7: "hostname not provided"
Hi,

correct hbase configuration file (hbase.zookeeper.quorum needs to be set to
127.0.0.1)

thanks!

hbase-site.xml :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
/**
 * Copyright 2009 The Apache Software Foundation
 *
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
 * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
 * distributed with this work for additional information
 * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
 * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
 * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 */
-->
<configuration>

  <property>
        <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
        <value>hdfs://localhost:9000/hbase</value>
        <description>The directory shared by region servers.
     </description>
    </property>

 <property>
  <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
  <value>127.0.0.1</value>
  <description>Comma separated list of servers in the ZooKeeper Quorum.
  For example, "host1.mydomain.com,host2.mydomain.com,host3.mydomain.com".
  By default this is set to localhost for local and pseudo-distributed modes
  of operation. For a fully-distributed setup, this should be set to a full
  list of ZooKeeper quorum servers. If HBASE_MANAGES_ZK is set in
hbase-env.sh
  this is the list of servers which we will start/stop ZooKeeper on.
  </description>
 </property>

    <property>
        <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
        <value>false</value>
        <description>The mode the cluster will be in. Possible values are
      false: standalone and pseudo-distributed setups with managed Zookeeper
      true: fully-distributed with unmanaged Zookeeper Quorum (see
hbase-env.sh)
        </description>
    </property>

 <property>
        <name>hbase.regionserver.class</name>
        <value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.IndexedRegionInterface</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>hbase.regionserver.impl</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.tableindexed.IndexedRegionServer</value>
    </property>

</configuration>

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Andrew Milkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]