Kafka >> mail # user >> where is the run-simulator.sh file?

where is the run-simulator.sh file?
I'm on my server, got the quickstart working fine now (thanks!).

Now I want to run some simple performance tests, I am looking here:

I don't see the run-simulator.sh file in the perf folder anywhere.

What are the steps to running a performance step, I have both the stable
release downloaded and I also pulled from source (the download doesn't have
the perf/ folder, the git repo does).

I did read somewhere that you have to build using sbt using 'perf', but
that doesn't work either.

I have a single server, I just want to run the perf to get an idea etc.

BTW, will the simulator (assuming it exists) start/stop kafka or I have to
do that?