Hive >> mail # user >> Table vs View

+
Peter Chu 2013-05-06, 18:39
+
Connell, Chuck 2013-05-06, 18:45
Re: Table vs View
views  in hive are similar to those in any rdbms schema

normally a view is created to have a well defined interface over
an inconsistently defined table so that modification in the table
definition does not alter the view definition

another use case would be suppose you have 100 columns in a table and you
just want to give grant to 10 columns for an user. views come in picture.

I am not sure on the speed but I did not notice any difference when I used
them

--
Nitin Pawar