Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Multiple consumers on a distributed queue

+
Sznajder ForMailingList 2013-11-17, 14:48
Re: Multiple consumers on a distributed queue
What is the rate at which you are adding messages to queue?

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Sznajder ForMailingList <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I used the implementation of Curator for the distributed queue recipe of
> Zookeeper.
>
> However, if see some strange behavior:
>
> * The throughput of the consumption of the items drastically decreases when
> I enhance the number of consumers?
>
> * When I launch several consumers on several servers ( of a same Zookeeper
> chorum, of course), I see that some of the consumers are in an idle state
> most of the time, instead of consuming items....
>
> Is it a known behavior? Can we solve this? In the meanwhile, it reduces the
> motivation to use a distributed queue!! ...
>
> Many thanks for your help!
>
> Regards
> Benjamin

+
Sznajder ForMailingList 2013-11-24, 18:40