Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop cluster network requirement

Re: Hadoop cluster network requirement

On Aug 1, 2011, at 4:57 PM, Michael Segel wrote:

> Forget about losing a NN or a Rack, but just losing connectivity between data centers. (It happens more than you think.)

Someone somewhere :) told me that when a certain local government was short on cash, network connectivity to their company's data center in that country would suddenly drop.  As soon as funds were made available in the form of donations to local charities, the data center would suddenly, miraculous be back on line.

I'm sure it was just coincidence.