HDFS >> mail # user >> Query: Hadoop's threat to Informatica

Query: Hadoop's threat to Informatica
Hi,

I am trying to understand the different data analysis algorithms available in the market. Analyst opinion suggests that Informatica and Hadoop have the best offerings in this space.

However, I am not very clear as to how the two are different and how they compete, because Hadoop is being used by IBM etc. Since you appear to be a fairly seasoned expert in this domain, I would like to get your perspective on the following:

I would hugely appreciate any thoughts/insights around

•         The workings of Hadoop/Mapreduce

•         Informatica’s product offering

•         A comparison of which one of these is better

•         A view of can and/or is Hadoop in competition with Informatica.

Regards,
Sameer

Sameer Jain
Research Lead
Evalueserve
Office: + 91 124 4621615
Mob: + 91 7827256066
Fax: + 91 124 406 3430
www.evalueserve.com<http://www.evalueserve.com/>
.

The information in this e-mail is the property of Evalueserve and is confidential and privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and will be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.