Hive >> mail # dev >> How long will we support Hadoop 0.20.2?

Re: How long will we support Hadoop 0.20.2?
BTW: I am very likely to install hive 0.12 on hadoop 0.20.2 clusters. I
have been running hive since version 0.2. I have been running hadoop since
version 0.17.2. After 0.17.2 I moved to 0.20.2. Since then the hadoop has
seemingly has 10's of releases. 0.21, 0.21.append (Dead on arrival) .
cloudera this, cloudera that, yahoo hadoop distribution (dead on arrival),
0.20.2.203 0.20.2.205, 1? 2.0? 2.1. None of them really have much shelf
life or a very clear upgrade path.

The only thing that has remained constant for our environment is hive and
hadoop 0.20.2. I have been happily just upgrading hive on these clusters
for years now.

So in a nutshell, I'm a long time committer, and I actively support and
develop hive on hadoop 0.20.2 clusters, I do not see supporting the shims
as complicated or difficult.